Sunday, October 30, 2011

Stunning Sunday Skies


I went down to Lake Brandt Thursday evening to catch the cold front as it came in from the Midwest. This is the leading edge of the front that brought us cold rain on Friday and then went up the Atlantic seaboard to turn into a nor'easter, one of the earliest ever and dumping large amounts of snow in the Mid-Atlantic states and New England.

No snow here in Greensboro (that would have been a record), but with wind gusts over 30 mph and temperatures in the low 40's, it sure felt like winter and not just a month into fall. Indicators of this winter to come?

I'm doing these sky shots with Anyes over at Far Away in the Sunshine. I know she doesn't have to worry about nor'easters there.

6 comments:

Ann said...

Fabulous photograph and I was right there feeling the wind.

Carolina said...

Stunning skies indeed, but your header photo is even more stunning
;-)

Lilli said...

You have a special eye for spectacular beauty, Karen. Although I just as much enjoy your little patio sparrow.

Wishing you a wonderful new week!

Anyes said...

You are so right, Karen I do not have to worry about nor'easters (the first time I read about it. I love the colouring of your skies over the waters.
Beautiful headers, I loved the fallen leaves and now the tree reflection...Nice :-)

frayedattheedge said...

We never did get the freezing temperatures and snow that were forecast for October (assuming that it doesn't all arrive tomorrow!! Another stunning sky!

Karen said...

Ann: Thank you. The wind and clouds always make for dramatic pictures.

Carolina: I took that at the same time. Those trees are just to the left in the photo of the clouds. The color this year is amazing.

Lilli: Considering your beautiful photos, I consider that a high compliment!

Anyes: And, hopefully, no wild weather like the Northeast got ths weekend.

Anne: We got the hard freeze this Sunday, but I went out and found more buds on the patio roses. How weird.