Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunset Sunday


I had to dig deep in my stash of photos to find a good sunset. The skies this week have been beautiful, but cloudless and I think clouds add so much to a photo, especially a sunset photo.

I took this at Lake Townsend exactly one year ago using the old bridge super-zoom camera, the Panasonic FZ5. Lake Townsend is the largest of our city water reservoirs, but  this year its water levels are down by many feet, leaving a huge swath of mud flats along the shore. However, the drop is not due to our summer drought (with 12 1/2 inches of rain over the past two months, we are finally out of that misery), but due to the city having to repair the dam at the eastern end of the lake and having to lower the lake levels in order to make that possible.

I'm doing this in conjunction with Anyes over at Far Away in the Sunshine. Go and take a look at what she saw.


4 comments:

frayedattheedge said...

What a stunning photo - it would look fabulous framed and hanging on the wall!

Anyes said...

I wish I could be looking at your sunset, Karen all the time. I love the clouds, the water reflections and the sky colours. Perfection as usual Karen :-)

Carolina said...

Those clouds! As if there's a space ship coming (I watch too much Doctor Who). Stunning photo. I agree with the others. Would be a good one to hang on the wall ;-)

Karen said...

Anne: What a good idea. I'll follow through on that and put it on the wall at work.

Anyes: Thank you so much. I completely forgot about this snapshot. I should go down to this lake more often.

Carolina: And I don't watch Doctor Who at all (I know about the series). Perhaps it landed long after I left?