Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stunning Sunday Skies


Another standing in the parking lot at work and shooting blindly up in the air with the small camera snapshot.

Our weather has changed rather dramatically from the heat of this past summer to the cool and crisp of fall. And with this change of weather, I watch all these storm fronts coming towards us from the Midwest with these stupendous clouds right before the sky turns grey and rains for days.

This weekend has been terrific, though, with bright blue skies and not a cloud in them, what we here refer to as "Carolina Blue" and what the University of North Carolina has co-opted for their school colors. But the Tuesday prior brought me all these glorious clouds and a stunning sky.

I'm doing this in conjunction with Anyes over at Far Away in the Sunshine. I bet her pictures are done a little more professionally. . .

6 comments:

frayedattheedge said...

What a stunning sky - it is like an old painting, the kind with a stern god and bolts of lightning!! We have had a lovely bright day here, so we had a lovely long walk this morning, and I was able to capture some shadow shots for next weekend.

Anyes said...

So much texture Karen in those clouds, lots going on in your sky. I love it!
You are too kind :-)

dinahmow said...

Ooh! Love this one! My favourite blue.

(As for shooting blind-i have some in my little camera which I have not yet looked at-probably rubbish!)

emma said...

That sky is incredible!

Tracey said...

As a fellow cloud watcher, this has got to be one of the best I've seen! I love all that's going on with the sky; great shot!

Karen said...

Anne: Thank you. Perhaps more interesting skies to come with a tropical storm tracking up from Florida this week. We'll see . . .

Anyes: I think our skies complimented each other perfectly.

Di: Take a look at Monday's post. The blue of the skies was just unbelievable!

Emma: I'm glad you came over from Anyes' blog to give me a look. Come back on Sundays when we do our blogs in tandem.

Tracey: Thank you and welcome to a fellow Ohioan! I see you're from Canton and I have tons of family just down the road in Louisville (we lived in Hudson and Lancaster and I graduated from Ohio State). Hope you visit from time to time.