Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Too Darn Hot


I know it's hard to tell, but that's a Carolina chickadee in the birdbath. I've had all sorts of birds fly in and out of the small garden Monday to use the birdbath as the temperature climbed from 72F when I got up this morning at 8 a.m. to 94F late in the afternoon. No relief this week as we will watch it go past 96F. We generally don't see heat like this until late August. Looks like another long hot summer again this year.

Or, as Ella Fitzgerald sang, "It's Too Darn Hot."

4 comments:

Carolina said...

Aww, that's sweet. He/she is probably very grateful to you for providing such a luxureous pool. And of course I love its name ;-)

Anyes said...

We're still sitting at a cool 59F in the morning climbing all the way up to 66.2 in the afternoon. Not really hot by any means ;-)

frayedattheedge said...

We've been promised 74 by Saturday - but our forecasts are notoriously inaccurate! The birds must be so grateful for your birdbath.

Karen said...

Carolina: Not only do we name two states after you, but a bird too!

Anyes: I understand completely why my aunt and uncle live in Vancouver in the summer. Their home state is Arizona and it is even worse there.

Anne: Gosh, we're already at 74 by the time I leave for work at 8 AM. It's going to be a long long summer.