Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco de Mayo Rose


I'm a day late and a dollar short . . .

This is a Cinco de Mayo rose which I should have posted yesterday and then posted Kimesville Dam today. Cinco de Mayo completely fell off my radar until I walked into the office yesterday and saw that some of the cubicles in a near office had Cinco de Mayo ballons and posters.

The Cinco de Mayo was the 2009 All-American Rose Society winner. It was hybridized from Julia Child (a bright yellow rose) crossed with Topsy Turvey (bright red rose). I wish I could get a better picture of the reverse as the red fades to a bright yellow where the flower meets the stem.

I bought this at the seed and feed store at the end of the summer where they were practically giving away plants for free.

3 comments:

Scrappy Grams said...

truly a beauty!

Anyes said...

Such an amazing flower, Karen I love it's velvety texture.
Could I please borrow some of your sun? We are having the liquid kind here ;-)

Karen said...

Noma: Thank you!.

Anyes: Maybe we could trade. We're creeping back into abnormally dry again according to the drought meter.