Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Along the Edge of the Road






My garden is betwixt and between right now - only the Stella del Oro daylilies are blooming. So it is just a mass of green leaves before the rest start to bloom in June. Nothing really interesting.

But if you look just along the edges of any road out in the country where it hasn't been sprayed for weeds or mown to the nubbins, you can find all sorts of blooms. I wish I knew the names (outside of the purple clover) so that I could tell you what they are. Guess I'm going to have to go to Amazon and buy a wildflower book.

2 comments:

Anyes said...

Looking at the edge of the road could also be a good metaphor for life? I wonder..
I love those snapshots Karen :-)

Karen said...

Anyes: What a great observation! What we miss by not looking at the edges . . .