Sunday, April 10, 2011

Stunning Sunday Skies


Anyes at Far Away in the Sunshine asked last week if we could change our Sunset Sundays on the second Sunday of the month to Stunning Sunday Skies. I was delighted to do so, as so many times a day that started out with nice puffy clouds in the morning would be absolutely cloudless by the time the sun set.

Also, I would chase around town and out in the countryside trying to find the perfect location to take a snapshot of the sun going down. It could become extremely frustrating although the exercise did help me train my eye for that one good sunset photo.

Now I'm not constrained by the time of day. If I see an interesting sky shot first thing in the morning - bingo, a shot for Sunday. I can stand in the parking lot at work and shoot straight up and not worry about keeping buildings and power lines out of the pictures. I like this idea immensely.

This sky shot was taken a week ago at Ayr Mount in Hillsborough. The clouds started building up and we thought that our bright, warm, and sunny day might turn rainy. But as quickly as the clouds built up, they dissipated. In fact, the rest of the day was absolutely cloudless.

4 comments:

frayedattheedge said...

What a good idea to have an 'anytime of the day'sky. We have hardly had a cloud in the sky for three days- yippee!!

Scrappy Grams said...

Those clouds were so deceitful! I would have bet money (a nickel, I'm frugal) that soon would be rain.

Anyes said...

Karen, I am glad we went with it. Your sky is so different than what I have ever seen around here. It is sure going to be fun. Enjoy your Sunday :-)

Karen said...

Anne: I wish there could be a happy medium for us - fewer cloudy days for you and a few more interesting clouds for me.

SG: It was a surprise because they came out of nowhere and then quickly left. I'm glad I had my camera with me then.

Anyes: It will be fun. I'm looking forward to the challenge!