Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Little Paw Prints

You never know what you are going to find right under your feet, right there in the mud.

I was bringing in my garbage can yesterday when I looked down and noticed these little paw prints in the mud:


Closeup of Rear Paw Print

For those of you who have pets, you know that these are neither dog or cat paw prints. They are raccoon paw prints, probably lured by the garbage cans put out for collection Monday morning. I don't remember seeing any garbage strewn around when I left for work, but then I wasn't really paying any attention.

I knew we had raccoons in the area. In fact once one came up and knocked on my mother's back porch door a few years back when she lived a couple of miles away from my house. But this is the first time I've seen any indication that they were right here at my house.

Also, I am leaving this morning to go to Atlanta for training and will be unable to post for the rest of the week. I'll try to take good snapshots down there if I have any time to go look for interesting buildings or animals or clouds.

3 comments:

Anyes said...

Beautiful paw print, Karen. Have fun in Atlanta and bring back lots of snapshots ;-)

Scrappy Grams said...

That raccoon has to be fairly big! Watch out!
Have fun learning and drive safely.

frayedattheedge said...

Wonderful clear paw prints! Safe journey and hope the training goes well.