Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Bottle Tree

Sunday was a beautiful day and so TB and I headed over to Hillsborough to finally take the Ayr Mount tour that was aborted back in November. I'll post later about the house and grounds.

After we were finished with the tour, we headed south on Old NC 86 in search of some good snapshots. I don't think we were more than a mile out of town when we saw this:


I drove up the driveway to get a closer look at the bottle tree (figuring it was better to ask forgiveness than permission and that I would be long gone before the sheriff got there anyway. . .).

Here's a closer look at the tree which is not a real tree; it is all metal.

Click on the picture for a larger view

The only reason that the gate on the driveway was open was because the house is for sale and they were having an open house for prospective buyers. Here's a link to the listing on Realtor.com which has pictures of the inside of the house and the saltwater pool, etc.

I see that the listing is now for $1,950,000, a reduction in price from $2,500,000. While I think the house is lovely, good luck in selling in this depressed economy.

4 comments:

frayedattheedge said...

I showed the bottle tree to Malcolm and suggested we make one for our garden (we always have empty wine bottles!) but for some reason he said no!!

Scrappy Grams said...

Love the bottle tree! Apparently it's not Malcolm's cup of tea. tee hee

Anyes said...

A bottle tree, I wonder what it sounds like on windy, stormy evenings...A bit spooky maybe ;-)

Karen said...

Anne: Maybe Malcolm has a little bit better taste than the home owner? I'm not sure I would have put it in my front yard.

SG: It's interesting to see how many bottles of bottled water he/she/they drank.

Anyes: Hmm, good question. I bet it sounds spooky, too.