Sunday, March 27, 2011

Sunset Sunday


With the forecast for several storms to come through Greensboro from the Midwest, starting on Friday, I knew that I had to take some sunset snapshots earlier in the week. The first couple of days were so-so to rather blah. By Thursday evening when the clouds started to build with the first front coming in, I took off for my favorite place near the airport to take pictures.

This shot is actually looking from a high vantage point towards Interstate 40 west (you can see a truck stop sign down in the right hand corner.) If you were an adventurous sort, you could jump on the highway and keep driving all the way to Barstow, California. I've driven almost all of it; once driving all the way from Flagstaff, Arizona to Greensboro - more than 2,000 miles.

You can find Sunset Sundays over at Finding Another View. I'm doing this with Anyes at Far away in the Sunshine as an ongoing project.

3 comments:

rachel said...

That's what is so exciting about America to us Brits - the distances, the breadth and sweep, the sheer scale of the landscape. We are never further than 70-something miles from the sea anywhere in Britain, and the driving distance, end to end, is less than 900 miles....

frayedattheedge said...

I agree with Rachel - she may live in another country (we're in Scotland, she's in England) but it only takes us 90 minutes to drive down to visit her!! Fabulous sunset!

Karen said...

Rachel: I figured out that for you to go 2000 miles, you would have to go from London to 200 miles east of Moscow to cover the same distance. It sort of puts it into context for me.

Anne: Canada or Mexico is more than a 90 minute drive for me! And my beach is 200 miles away.