Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Signs of Spring

The daylilies have started to come up. That's it. I don't have any spring bulbs planted as I  decided just last year to plant daylilies in the small garden. Prior to that, the garden was just wood mulch with a forest pansy redbud and a crepe myrtle tree (var. "Sioux").

Not knowing what they would look like this year, I just decided to leave the garden as is for this spring to see how much the daylilies would spread. I bought and planted more than 60 daylilies as a start. I'll fill in as I go along this year.

They were all lost tags from a nursery in Indiana, so I don't even know what to expect this year. I would say be prepared for a mishmash of flowers.

4 comments:

Carolina said...

And how are you? Feeling better?

It's exciting to see bulbs coming up in Spring. I can't wait to see how these daylillies will look in bloom.

frayedattheedge said...

Isn't it cheering to see green shoots!

Anyes said...

I am all ready for Spring but we had snow two days ago, oh well...I know it will come our way eventually ;-)

Karen said...

Carolina: Still draggy and entertaining everyone at work with nose-blowing and throat clearing. Ah, well, this too shall pass.

Anne: It is and the forsythia and daffodils have started to bloom (although not in my yard because I don't have daffodils or forsythia . . .)

Anyes: And we will get snow the middle of March, I just know it!