Friday, March 11, 2011

February Full Moon

I took this the middle of February during the last full moon.


I see the next full moon is on March 19th, the next weekend. Wonder if I can get a similar snapshot?

I'm feeling better (still a little cough, but nothing like the last couple weeks), so I'm going to go to some of the city gardens this weekend (TB has other plans, so no day trip) and see what has started to bloom that would be interesting.

The birds have also started to migrate back from Central and South America (not the hummingbirds; they will come later in the spring) and I'll try to take some photographs if I can. The bird feeders are out of the small garden, but robins come looking for worms under the leaf litter. I think they are deserving of being photographed, too.

5 comments:

Dartford Warbler said...

That is such a beautiful photograph! I love the frame made by the winter trees and the soft, aqua blue of the sky.

Good to hear that you are feeling better.

Scrappy Grams said...

Your photo looks like a super prompt for a story! A couple of my friends would come up with a mystery tale, I bet.

frayedattheedge said...

A lovely photo! Glad you are starting to feel better.

Dan said...

Hi Karen
Glad that you are recovering.
That's a fantastic picture, it's so atmospheric!
dan
-x-

Karen said...

DW: Thank you. It was just a fluke as I was handholding the camera and not expecting anything decent to come of it.

SG: Let me know if your friends actually do a short story. I'd love to read it.

Anne: Thanks. The cough is just about gone.

Dan: I'm hoping for clear skies next weekend so I can try for it again.