Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Delectable Mountain and Flying Kite Quilts, Ashe County, North Carolina


And if you don't have a barn or a barn-shaped garage, then the third option is a barn-shaped shed. This particular barn quilt is called Delectable Mountain and as you can see, is not quite as professional as the other quilts that we visited. Hmm, I looked at yesterday's post and it appears that this is very similar to Ohio Star. No wonder even long-time quilters get confused about the names.


No barn or barn-shaped building for this next quilt. This is Flying Kite quilt and what is unusual about this particuar pattern is that it sits on the edge of a Christmas tree farm and is not the usual Christmas Tree or Pine Tree pattern that you generally see on these farms.

2 comments:

Anyes said...

I love the idea of a barn-shaped shed even if it would not fit in my tiny backyard ;-)

frayedattheedge said...

Malcolm has declined to demolish the garage and rebuild it in a barn shape - ah well!! Despite the years that I have been quilting and all the books I have, I don't recognise most of these blocks!!