Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunset Sunday


Today is Sunset Sunday!

I decided that I needed to find a different place to take my sunset snapshot and had the brilliant idea to go downtown to one of our parking garages and take it from there.

I was really pleased with myself and figured that no one else would have the same wonderful idea until I got to the top level (there are eight levels in the Bellemeade parking garage) and found . . .

A professional photographer who was taking video of the wonderful clouds and sky to use in his portfolio, a dogwalker who had a tiny Chihuahua and a point-and-shoot camera, a walker who was using the top level to speed walk and two kids who were whooping and hollering and riding their skateboards up and down the ramps.

It was fun to talk to the professional photographer and get some tips on how to get better pictures, play a little with the Chihuahua, wave to the speed walker, and hold my breathe while the two kids did all sorts of acrobatic stunts and occasionally fell off their skateboards.

I guess my bright idea is shared by many other photographers, both professional and amateur according to the two who were up there with me. But it does make for a wonderful view.

I'm doing this as an ongoing project with Anyes over at Far Away in the Sunshine. Unfortunately she has a computer motherboard issue, but I hope to have her back doing this with me in a couple of weeks or so. This was inspired by Scott Law over at Just Used Pixels.

3 comments:

Dartford Warbler said...

No wonder so many people found a good vantage point for that spectacular sunset!

frayedattheedge said...

Fabulous sunset - and excellent that you had enjoyable company!!

Karen said...

DW: It was a great location and I'll go back when I see another great opportunity like that one.

Anne: It was fun to be there with other people to talk to. So many times, the photo taking is a solitary occupation.