Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunset Sunday



I pulled off on an overpass to take this snapshot Saturday evening. I put my emergency blinkers on to make sure no one hit me, but had several people slow down probably thinking the car had broken down (an 18-year old minivan with 200 thousand miles? Why would they think that?), but once they saw me taking pictures, they just waved and drove off.


You can find Sunset Sundays over at Finding Another View. I'm doing this with Anyes at Far away in the Sunshine as an ongoing project.

5 comments:

Scrappy Grams said...

Good for those who slowed down to check that things were okay for you.
Unique sunset.

Anyes said...

Totally breathtaking sunset, Karen.

Thinking of replacing the minivan soon? ;-)

frayedattheedge said...

Fabulous photo!! Maybe we should get signs made 'don't worry, I'm just taking photos'!!

Carolina said...

Again, well worth hitting the brakes for ;-)

Karen said...

SG: That's what I like about living in the South - they make act like rednecks sometimes, but they are always willing to help out.

Anyes: It took me driving around for a good 45 minutes to find the right location. Now that I've found it, I'll keep going back to get sunset snapshots there.

Anne: Sort of like the signs that they put (or so I've heard) for American drivers driving in the UK? "Caution - American at the wheel. Used to driving on the right-hand side of the road".

Carolina: I thought so, too. I wonder if that could be called a sundog; I'll have to do a little exploring on that one.