Monday, February 7, 2011

Red-Shouldered Hawk

If I ever disappear from this blog without telling you that I am taking a hiatus or going on vacation or whatever, this will probably be the reason:


I stopped smack-dab in the middle of a road (thank goodness it was a back country road with no traffic) to take pictures of this gorgeous red-shouldered hawk as it posed for me on top of a telephone pole.

Someday I will do this and someone will re-end me at high rate of speed because they didn't see me or weren't paying close attention and that will be the end of me and the blog.

6 comments:

moreidlethoughts said...

And on her headstone will be carved:
"she loved birds."

Carolina said...

hehehe about moreidlethoughts's comment

This shot was worth risking your life for though ;-)

Anyes said...

I am glad he chose the posts on the back roads, to pose for you

Missed you yesterday on Sunset Sundays, I am glad you are back with Mr. Handsome though ;-)

frayedattheedge said...

But what a way to go! This is a fabulous photo of a very handsome bird!

Scrappy Grams said...

The day I stopped in the same way, and also on a country road, I wished I'd had my camera with me. I saw a turkey vulture in the nearby farmer's field. I literally could not believe my eyes! Hawks are graceful creatures.

Matt Bennett said...

Nice!