Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sunday Morning at the Beach

With Friday and Saturday a washout as far as taking snapshots was concerned, I didn't have much hope for Sunday as we had to leave at mid-morning for the drive back to Greensboro. That didn't really leave a whole lot of time or options to take photos out on the beach.

The rain stopped late Saturday evening and I set my alarm clock to get up 15 minutes before the sun came up.

And these were the pictures I took last Sunday morning at 7 a.m.:










The weekend wasn't a total loss after all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Almost worth a rainy weekend. Dorothy

Carolina said...

Stunning.
Well worth the early rise ;-)

Anyes said...

Awesome photographs :-)

rachel said...

Stunning! All those different blues, and such a big sky! Well worth all the weather that preceded them.

frayedattheedge said...

The sky is wonderful!

Scrappy Grams said...

Wow! I'm glad you got up so early.

Karen said...

Dorothy: Almost, but not quite. I really wanted to walk down to the Intercoastal Waterway and see what birds I could find.

Carolina: Yep, well worth to get up very early (for me, anyway) on a Sunday morning.

Anyes: Thank you!

Rachel: I think that storm made the difference in getting all those clouds in the morning.

Anne: It was magnificent even though when I first went down on the beach it was extremely overcast and I thought I wouldn't get any pictures at all.

SG: I am, too, although I was greatly tempted to stay in bed.