Thursday, September 2, 2010

Holden Beach, NC. February 2010

Sunset

The picture I posted on Tuesday showed Holden Beach at sunset the night before a strong storm came through. The old saying about "red sky at night, sailors' delight" certainly didn't hold true.


This is more typical of a sunset on the beach. Holden Beach is an atypical coastal island; it runs east and west instead of north and south. If it ran north and south, my picture would be of the three- and four-story cottages at sunset and not as appealing as this photo.

4 comments:

Carolina said...

Hi,
thanks for visiting my blog (the one with the herringbone brickwork).
This sunset is absolutly awsome! Gorgeous colours.

flwrjane said...

You are the most traveling woman I know. And you certainly make the most of it.

xo Jane

Belinda said...

Heartstopping photo. I am desperate to progress on from point and shoot with my very nice little canon. Maybe your blog will teach me how?!

BumbleVee said...

how beautiful it looks...