Saturday, September 4, 2010

Greensboro, NC. September 2010




One more picture of the leading edge of cloud cover from Hurricane Earl.


This is looking south from the marina at Lake Brandt down towards my house. However, you won't see my house or any houses for that matter as Lake Brandt is part of our city's reservoir system and provides our municipal water. There is a 500 yard buffer zone to help protect the quality of the water.


This is the second of three lakes which comprises our watershed. Lake Higgins is the smallest and feeds in Brandt which then feeds into Townsend like stair steps. Greensboro has turned the buffer areas around these lakes into city parks with trails for hikers and mountain bikers. I'll post pictures later from some of these trails.

3 comments:

Carolina said...

'The silence before the storm'. It looks like a gorgeous place to live. A beautiful photo ;-)

frayedattheedge said...

An amazing photo. I've also read your previous post about the settings on your camera - I still haven't fully explored the possibilities of my camera .... and I've had it for a year! The 'intelligent auto' setting makes me very lazy!!

C.S. said...

Amazing photos! Your blog photos will be a daily visit for me. Great work!