Saturday, September 25, 2010

Baby Austin Rose

Baby Austin Rose
I've learned from other bloggers that roses are some of the last blooming perennials for year. I purchased three different container roses from Rogue Valley Roses in Oregon this year and just when I thought their blooming season was over - Voila! - more buds. Besides this Baby Austin bush, I also have  two other varieties called Brown Velvet and Incantation. Their buds haven't bloomed, but when they do I will post pictures.


The Baby Austin is called a micro-mini rose. This bloom is just the size of my thumbnail.

4 comments:

Anyes said...

I love how you captured this beautiful rose and the bud next to it. Great photograph :-)

Anonymous said...

Karen,
This is truly lovely. Your talent amazes me....and I am learning so much. Thanks. Dorothy

flwrjane said...

Luscious. Is it fragrant?

xo Jane

Karen said...

Anyes: Thank you! I was using a very inexpensive macro lens attachment that I bought from eBay and am really pleased with how it turned out.

Dorothy: Well, Mom has taken all the creative areas except for this one. . .

Jane: I can't kneel down due to two bum knees, but over at Rogue Valley Roses (www.roguevalleyroses.com), they say no. I love their roses, extremely hardy through this terrible heat and will be going back for more bands.