Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sunset Sunday


Today is Sunset Sunday which I do with Anyes over at Far Away in the Sunshine. I have to now time these photos for the weekend since with the end of daylight savings time, the sun now sets at 5 pm. So yesterday it was a fast race up the road to my favorite open field to catch the sunset and the clouds at just the right moment.

It looks as though we will have rain for Thanksgiving, but the hope is without the severe storms that came through last week. Unfortunately those storms spawned tornadoes just south of Greensboro which destroyed 65 houses. We will keep our fingers crossed that it will just be a typical November rain.

4 comments:

Anyes said...

Your amazing skies always seem to come at a high cost. I keep my fingers crossed for your safety and hope tornado season is over

Chantal said...

the sky looks almost painted with brush strokes

Karen said...

Anyes: Looks like the really severe weather will bypass us. Just rain for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Chantal: Thank you. It took me sitting in my car for 25 minutes waiting for the sun to get to the perfect point and then jumping out and taking a whole bunch of pictures.

geiger and sporran said...

Easier, I'd say, than catching the sunbirds flying through my sprinkler spray!
(good footage on the cats'blog;mine is down so they are running the story!)