Sunday, November 27, 2011

Stunning Sunday Skies


Although this reminds me of a sky that you might see up in the mountains, I actually took this snapshot out the side door of my office building. It actually is looking over the retention pond which wasn't included in the shot due to the fact that there is a huge galvanized pipe in the middle of the pond. It funnels all the rainwater off the parking lot so  all the nasty stuff you find in the lot doesn't end up in our city reservoirs. Despite the fact that it is nicely landscaped, it doesn't attract any of my fellow coworkers to its banks. Wonder why.

I took this with the little camera that I keep in my purse for snapshots just like this. The only drawback to going out the side door is that I have to walk back around this huge building to go in the front door as the building is secured and you need a badge to get in the front lobby, and then get into your work area and even get into the restrooms.

I'm doing this in tandem with Anyes over at Far Away in the Sunshine. I bet she find a nicer place to take pictures than a retention pond.

7 comments:

frayedattheedge said...

I love the pop of colour at the bottom of the photo. I'm intrigued by your description of the pond - if we have such things here, I certainly haven't encountered one!

Anyes said...

Those colours are amazing Karen :-)

dinahmow said...

Had you not told us about the settlement pond I'd have said"that's a beautiful, peaceful scene." :-)

Dartford Warbler said...

What an amazing sky. Good that you had your little camera to hand!

Chantal said...

sometimes just a sky is enough, like here, such great shapes in it.

Carolina said...

The things you have to do to take a gorgeous shot as this one ;-)

Karen said...

Anyes: I was drawn outside by that tiny flash of pink.

Di: Well, it is a beautiful (kinda, sorta) pond. They keep it well maintained, there is a bench to sit on. It's is just spoiled by the pipe in the middle.

DW: I always carry it in my bag just in case of photos like this one.

Chantal: I love the different cloud shapes in it, too.

Carolina: I may whine about it, but it does me good to walk around the building to get back in.