Monday, March 26, 2012

Carolina Chickadee in a River Birch


My favorite little bird sitting in my most unfavorite tree.

Here's one of a nesting pair of Carolina Chickadees up in the river birch in front of my house. I have two birdhouses hanging off limbs of this tree just as decoration, but this pair tried them out before deciding there was just too much foot traffic around to make it a good nesting spot.

I think they may be nesting in one of the cypresses that my next door neighbor planted out back several years ago.

2 comments:

Anyes said...

It seems you are in full Spring mode in North Carolina Karen. We're back to rain and cooler temperatures here for the next week or so.

Great capture of this little fellow :-)

Karen said...

Anyes, it would probably be safe to say that we are in full *summer* mode here, bypassing spring all together.