But occasionally, one will get tired of rummaging through dead leaves and will fly up to the feeder where the good stuff is.
| Song Sparrow |
I take snapshots of anything and everything that comes through the patio and garden area. Generally I either get very bad, very blurry photos which are discarded or pictures of the same old, same old.
So imagine the surprise when I brought this picture up on the computer and noticed that the bird wasn't strictly brown and grayish, but had yellow eyebrows. After a little digging through my Sibley bird book, I found that I had a Savannah sparrow visiting me.
| Savannah Sparrow |
3 comments:
I shall have to look more carefully at our sparrows! I love the woodpecker in you previous post - we only get one kind of woodpecker in the garden.
Go ahead Karen, and make it a full birdie blog for the colder months. It looks awesome and I am learning tons about those beautiful LBJ ;-)
Anne: I'm having to take pictures first and ID afterwards when I get the pictures up on the screen. All little sparrows look alike to me at first glance. The red-bellied woodpecker was a surprise. I've never had one at the feeder before.
Anyes: Well, it probably will be mostly birds this winter, but if the weather is good on the weekends, more road trips in the future. Stay tuned!
Post a Comment