Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August Moon, Greensboro, North Carolina


No, not the Super Moon. This was taken ten minutes ago - Wednesday night at 9 PM - standing on the patio with a fairly clear shot over the back privacy fence. It's the actual color tonight, too. Perhaps with the high level of ozone plus the heat (it is around 84F), I'm getting this orange color.

Some day I'm going to keel over in a dead faint from taking these hand-held shots as I try to hold my breath long enough to get a decent snapshot. Maybe then I'll buy a tripod.

6 comments:

dinahmow said...

Well, it certainly was nowhere near mid-80s around here, but "my" moon was the same apricot colour, low in the west at 5am.
Did I go chasing pictures? Certainly not! I snuggled into my warm robe, fluffy socks and got on with making breakfast!

Toffeeapple said...

That is beautiful Karen. I have trouble not only controlling my breathing but also my heartbeat shakes the camera too. I have a tripod!

I haven't seen the moon recently as it has been too cloudy here in UK. Full moon tonight so I hope that I shall be lucky enough to see it.

Scrappy Grams said...

stunning shot!

Dartford Warbler said...

What a moon! A lovely photo and such a colour. Ours is huge and brilliant white tonight. Yours makes me think of the word honeymoon.

Rose L said...

Great shot! I will have to try that!

Karen said...

Di: Even though it's been in the high 80's and low 90's, today you got the feeling that the summer was starting to end and fall would be coming soon. The angle of the sun, maybe?

Toffeeapple: You guys in England certainly have had a terrible summer there - so much rain.

SG - Thank you!

DW - True, it certainly is a honey color, isn't it?

Rose L - Just don't hold your breath too long!