Monday, April 9, 2012

What You Can See on the Back Roads of North Carolina


Whenever possible, I drive the backroads on the weekend. It gives you the best opportunity to find the unusual and the ability to pull over and take pictures (well, most of the time).

This man and his wife were heading north on a back road that I was driving south on and when I saw him, I rolled down the window and asked if I could take his picture.

He was very kind to let me do so (and I'm sorry I didn't ask his name and where he was from) and said that he had built the wagon himself from the ground up. The seats that he and his wife are sitting in are out of a car and there were a couple of chairs in the back. He also mentioned that they drive around the backroads on the weekend and that this particular weekend they had been in the wagon since 10 that morning (I saw him around 3 pm in the afternoon). If you click on the picture, you'll get a better view of the car seat.

I know my blogger friends in the UK are used to seeing riders and their horses walking down the main streets of their villages and cities, but here in the States this is a sight so unusual that I just had to take a snapshot.

No comments: