Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dragoon Mountains, Cochise County, Arizona


Looking at the Dragoon Mountains more than twenty miles away from the Kartchner Caverns parking lot outside of Benson, Arizona. My most favorite mountain range in the US.

I took this with my very first Panasonic camera, the TZ1, a five megapixel camera. I didn't want to drag the super-zoom with me cross the continent.

I'm having a hard time getting back into the swing of things after my most wonderful trip to Arizona. I have tons of pictures and stories to tell, but - I just find myself blocked. Perhaps if I post this one picture that will get it started. I have a trip to take you on from Sedona to Kartchner Caverns to Bisbee to Tubac to Tucson and back to Scottsdale.

Sedona's red rocks tomorrow.

5 comments:

Aaron said...

I love the Dragoons as well, might be my favorite mountain range.

Val said...

Welcome back, Karen! Looking forward to seeing your trip pictures.

Anne said...

Welcome back!! I'm looking forward t seeing more photos - this one is stunning!

Dartford Warbler said...

An amazing photograph! I`m looking forward to more.

Karen said...

Aaron: Thank you. I've always loved the Dragoons best of all the mountains there around Sierra Vista where I used to live.

Val: I'm glad to be back. I thought for a while I would be permanently blocked and never post again.

Anne: I have a lot of your posts I need to go read, too. Along with the writer's block the modem went on the fritz again.

DW: The little old camera still has a lot of good pictures left in it.