Sunday, December 4, 2011

Stunning Sunday Skies


This time of year the sky stays cloud-free all day long until late in the afternoon. Then it becomes cold enough that jet contrails from the airplanes arriving and leaving the local airport create clouds in the air.

Another quick dash out the side door at work to catch the sun before it disappears completely for the day (the sun now sets completely for the day at 5 pm, just as I'm gathering up all my stuff to go home). I wonder if my co-workers look out the windows just as I'm taking these snapshots and wonder what this crazy person is doing taking pictures at the retention pond.

I'm doing this in conjunction with Anyes over at Far Away in the Sunshine. Wonder what she saw at the end of the day there in Vancouver.

3 comments:

frayedattheedge said...

It's worth having your colleagues think that you're nuts, if it means capturing stunning photos like this one!
We had our first snow today - just a little here, but they had far more firther north.

Anyes said...

Sunsets are much harder to catch for me now, so I have switched to
Sunrise Sundays for a while at least.

I am very glad you went and capture the sun disappearing behind those tress, Karen. So peaceful...

Let the co-workers think what they may...Have a great wee-end :-)

Karen said...

Anne: No snow, just rain right now. That horrendous storm that had the high winds in California will hit us with full force Wednesday. Just winds and heavy rain, though.

Anyes: I'm going to follow your lead and try for sunrises. I think they will be a little easier to get than running out the side door at work.