Sunday, September 18, 2011

Stunning Sunday Skies


Anyes over at Far Away in the Sunshine (and my partner on Sundays) posted photos earlier this week that she took out of a plane's window during a vacation trip she and her family took. This got me inspired and while I haven't taken any trips on a plane lately, the clouds coming in ahead of a strong cold front were the exact opposite of her beautiful blue skies and white fluffy clouds. Again, this is one of my standing in the parking lot shots on the small camera where I can't see the LCD screen while I'm taking the photo.

And this wasn't taken in black and white; the sky was exactly as you see it this past Thursday.

Go and see what Anyes saw this week up in the skies on the west coast of Canada. I bet it was really amazing.

4 comments:

Sherry Smyth said...

Don't you love it when you take a photograph and it turns out better than you expected? Or differently to what you "saw"? There are times when I too cannot see the LCD screen and snap anyway and then I'm always surprised by what I did capture that I couldn't see. I love how this looks black and white because the subject matter was so black and white. Striking and stunning! I'm glad Anyes suggested we pop over to see what you were sharing!

Dan said...

I really thought this was a black and white shot when I saw it at first. What an incredibly dark sky!
Dan
-x-

Anyes said...

You got the underbelly of those clouds really well there, Karen. I love that this was a normal setting yet appears black and white...What a sky!

frayedattheedge said...

You get such stunning skies - ours are so boring in comparison!!