Sunday, August 7, 2011

Stunning Sunday Skies


So would someone explain to me why the only time I can get interesting sky snapshots is in some parking lot - either the one at work or, in this case, one over at an industrial park over near our airport?

I bought some inexpensive filters on eBay - polarizing, neutral density, one for UV - and was sitting in the car in the park trying to get some shots of the quarter moon in the clouds. Since it was close to sunset, you can see the red of the sun on the bottom of the clouds.

I'm doing these sky shots with Anyes over at Far Away in the Sunshine. Wonder what she saw in the skies of British Columbia?

4 comments:

frayedattheedge said...

What an amazing photo - it looks like a painting!

Anyes said...

I love this Karen, what a stunning snapshot...parking lot or not :-)

Dartford Warbler said...

That is SO beautiful.

Karen said...

Anne: I am exceedingly pleased with how this turned out. I wasn't really aiming for the clouds, but the quarter moon.

Anyes: Thank you. I love how your sky looked there in Canada, too.

DW: Thank you, too. How are the skies there in the New Forest?