Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Variations on a Sunflower


I know that you all are thinking "Why no pictures of the New River Scenic Byway?" since that was the original purpose of the day trip.

Well, for most of the drive there were no shoulders to pull over and take snapshots of the countryside. And with narrow and winding roads, I could hardly stop in the middle of the road and take my pictures (visions of being rear-ended by someone who never saw us as they rounded that curve . . .).

But the next barn quilt we saw was positioned right across from the Green Valley recycling center which gave me a place to park out of the way and then walk across the road to take this next snapshot.

This barn quilt is in Watauga County and on a different trail. It is called Sunflowers (Variation) and is on someone's workshed. I couldn't find any more information than that.

4 comments:

Anyes said...

The surrounding green from the roof top and the trees really frame this Barn quilt so nicely. Beautiful :-)

frayedattheedge said...

The barn already looks lovely in its setting, and the quilt just adds the icing on the cake!! I notice you have the same problem as I do ..... power/phone lines intruding into the shot!

dinahmow said...

Oh, bother the quilt! I WANT that shed!

Karen said...

Anyes: All that green does make the workshed stand out quite nicely, doesn't it?

Anne: I want the electric companies to bury all their power lines just so I can get decent snapshots (as an aside, I understand that it would cost hundreds of billions of dollars to that).

Di: That siding is really cool, isn't it?