Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunset Sunday


I was absolutely despairing of taking a sunset snapshot for today this week. Any clouds we had in the morning were gone by the afternoon, making for blah sunsets. I started going through my archives to see what I could find to post that would meet the sunset requirements.

Yesterday TB and I drove back up to the Blue Ridge Parkway (flora and fauna shots for this coming week! Hurrah!), but instead of going all the way down to Sparta (we started at Meadows of Dan in Virginia and headed south), I decided to end the trip early and left the parkway at Low Gap, NC and went back home.

It turned out to be a good move, since a heavy line of storms tracked down from Kentucky and hit Greensboro about a half hour after I got home. If we had continued on to Sparta, it probably would've ended up as a repeat of last Saturday.

So, by the time for our sunset here there was plenty of interest in the sky to make for a nice snapshot.

I'm doing this with Anyes over at Far Away in the Sunshine as an ongoing project. Go over and see what she saw there in Vancouver.

5 comments:

Dan said...

What a great sky Karen!
Dan
-x-

Anyes said...

Such a beautiful perspective, I have to say Karen your skies have so much personality. Simply stunning!

frayedattheedge said...

Another striking sky - this one would make a terrific painting. We have just had torrential rain - not the weather we want at this time of year!!

Carolina said...

Wonderful sky again. Your skies, well...'your', but okay, you know what I mean, are always stunning.

Karen said...

Dan: Thank you. Maybe someday you could post a picture of your sunset there at the cottage.

Anyes: I try to wait until there are a lot of clouds around. I guess you can tell I'm really attracted by clouds.

Anne: If only you could send me some of your rain and I our sunshine. We are quickly slipping back into drought status.

Carolina: It's all the weird weather we've been having lately. Even if we don't get the storms and rain from the Midwest, we generally get the clouds.