Friday, June 10, 2011

Star of Bethlehem


(Sorry, my Internet provider wouldn't let me connect Wednesday night to post for Thursday).

At Todd, we left the New River Scenic Byway and took a narrow, bumpy road that paralleled the South Fork of the New River. It was only a car wide and made passing oncoming traffic interesting. Someone had to stop and allow the other to pass which sometimes created a pas de deux dance with our little Honda and bigger SUV's and trucks. I later found out that the road was once the railbed of the Virginia Creeper train.

When we came to the end of the road, there was a short debate as to which direction to go. I decided to not use the GPS and just go right and there it was just around the next curve - the Star of Bethlehem.

3 comments:

frayedattheedge said...

This is a fabulous one! And the blue sky ...... how I long for blue sky!

Anyes said...

You were meant to find it ;-)

Karen said...

Anne: Having sun here is a plus, but the extreme heat not so much. There must be a happy medium some place.

Anyes: Yes, I think it was meant to be.