Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Kim Rupert


One of my new container roses from Rogue Valley Roses in Oregon. This is a minature called Kim Rupert. I've never seen a rose striped like this before; it resembles a peppermint patty.

I found out that it was introduced in 2004 by Ralph Moore in California and named for a very famous rosarian, Kim Rupert.

I'm waiting on the other new roses to bloom - Canoodling from Rogue Valley and Gruss an Aachen and Clotilde Soupert from The Antique Rose Emporium down in Texas. All are budding so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Anyes said...

What a beauty Karen! I love the "stripes" I had never seen this kind before. Beautiful :-)

frayedattheedge said...

What a stunning rose - although I think I would have given it a more romantic name!!

Carolina said...

It is gorgeous. Haven't seen a striped rose before. How are the day lillies?

Karen said...

Anyes: I think the stripes are just the neatest thing I've seen which is one of the reasons I bought the rose.

Anne: I would've given it a nicer name too, but I do have a rose with the name of Clotide Soupert which isn't much better.

Carolina: Today's post was just for you!