Friday, January 7, 2011

Opportunity Lost

I wish I could say that I just took this snapshot today, but it is from September of last year. I didn't take the opportunity as I was driving home from work last night to stop and take a picture of the clouds on fire as the sun was setting. We have another front bringing us some rain or perhaps a little bit of snow and the edge of the storm with those thick cumulus clouds was just moving in.

But I was in a rush to get home and so missed a snapshot that I will never be able to take again.

3 comments:

Anyes said...

What a wonderful sky, Karen!

frayedattheedge said...

What an amazing photo!

Karen said...

Anyes: It was the leading edge of a hurricane (I forget which one) that just brushed the coast last September. It did bring some amazing clouds to our area and that was it.

Anne: Thank you. And I went to take some more amazing cloud pictures yesterday of the storm that just brought us some rain, took the little camera out of my purse and the battery was dead because I forgot to turn it off the last time. I can't win. . .