Thursday, December 2, 2010

Bluebird

While I showed you the backside of a bluebird yesterday, I need to show the front of this beautiful bird. And at the same time, I'd like to introduce you to one of my favorite birding bloggers, Julie Zickefoose.

She lives in southeastern Ohio with her husband, Bill, who is the editor of Bird Watchers' Digest and her two kids. She has the most wonderful blog and a couple of weeks ago posted about house finchs' affinity towards bluebirds which answered my question of why every time the bluebirds came to the feeder, they were followed by a posse of house finches.

And now you know if you see bluebirds at your feeder, you will see house finches too.



4 comments:

frayedattheedge said...

It's not fair - your birds are much more colourful than ours!!

Anyes said...

Karen, All those birds visiting you! The word is out, you have the best food on the block ;-)
Truly awesome photographs, I'm in love...

margie said...

fast food. picking up lunch at the fly by window.

Karen said...

Anne: But what about my blue tit?

Anyes: I bet you all have some terrific birds out there in Vancouver, too. Maybe on your blog sometime soon?

Margie: Welcome to my blog! Yep, sometimes I do feel like saying "Would you like fries with that?"