Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside

We are all cold. 17 degrees this morning; the wind is blowing over 15 mph. Did someone say that this would be a mild winter because of La Nina? Don't think so.

The Honda Fit is fine. I ran over a tree limb and it lodged in the drive train. The service department at the dealer had to take a hacksaw to it to get it out, but no damage was done. And for those who were wondering, but were kind enough not to ask why I was driving instead of TB as it is her car, well, she is a close family member who understands my control freak issues. I have to be in control, therefore I have to drive.

Another bird picture while I look for something interesting in town this week to take snapshots of.

6 comments:

Anyes said...

Beautiful photographs as usual :-)
Footprints in the snow is something
I'm thinking to photograph, if we get some snow again here...

frayedattheedge said...

This is not fair .... I want these beautiful birds on my feeders!!

moreidlethoughts said...

Re-title post: "Traffic lights"?
Oh c'mon! Give me some leeway-it's 5am and I'm not yet caffeinated!

Glad the Fit is fit to go.

andrea said...

Now there's a combination of birds you wouldn't see on a bird feeder on the west coast. Getting three is special, though. Nice! I've been that lucky only once (and it was inland): http://www.flickr.com/photos/didrooglie/4647269803/in/set-72157624030498115/

andrea said...

D'oh! Just took a second look and nope, only two species. Still waiting I guess...

Karen said...

Anyes: Thank you, but you all must be getting tired of all birds, all the time. I am and so am looking for something else.

Anne: Sunflower chips or seeds seem to be the best as far as attracting birds. They aren't interested in the mixed seed stuff.


Di: Or maybe "Traffic Lite"? However I feel like I need air traffic control in the small garden with all the birds zooming in and out.

Andrea: Well, you've got an oriole (hooded, I think) and it is very rare for me to get a Baltimore oriole to my feeder. This cold weather has brought all sorts of birds and many a flurry of squacks and pecks as they all jockey for position at the three feeders.